Annually consumers throw away around 50 kilo’s of edible food per person into the rubbish bin. That is a total of € 2.4 billion. Not only is this is a waste of good food and money, it’s also damaging to the environment. Research shows that consumers are responsible for the largest portion of food waste. Together we can help consumers with ways of reducing this waste.
Handy helping aids for consumers:
- De Bewaarwijzer | A handy folder about smart buying, cooking and saving of products
- Het Eetmaatje | Prevents food waste
The Voedingscentrum helps you gladly with information and handy tips for your customers!
To download information and web pages from the Voedingscentrum:
- Toolkit wasting less for organisations
- 5x safer with collected food
- Examples on the shop floor
- Food waste infographic
- Factsheet food waste by consumers
- Voedingscentrum offers simple inspiration to use up leftovers
Milieu Centraal has lots of information and handy tools in house to help your customers in making sustainable choices when it comes to food:
Information from Milieu Centraal about sustainable food:
- De Keurmerkenwijzer | A collection of all labels say something about the environment, animal welfare and fair trade
- Groente & Fruit kalender | Choose environmentally-friendly fruit and vegetables