In May 2019, Tel Aviv-Yafo will host the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest. The City wishes to use the Eurovision as a platform to showcase zero waste and sustainable food events.
The City of Tel Aviv-Yafo is the second largest city in Israel with a population of 445,000 and is a major centre of culture and entertainment. The city is a global start-up centre and the municipality operates its own workspace – The Library – a space for Urban Innovation.
Tel Aviv-Yafo wishes to host the most sustainable and climate friendly Eurovision to date, a vision supported by the federal government of Israel and the organization behind Eurovision, European Broadcasting Union (EBU). The city is especially interested in solutions that will enable them to host the event with a focus on zero waste and sustainable food, thereby reducing the city’s carbon footprint of large public events and mitigating the city’s overall environmental impact. To achieve this, Tel Aviv-Yafo would like to utilize existing municipal venues and spaces to transform them into green spaces, which will function and demonstrate sustainable living. Ultimately, the solutions should be fully integrated into the city’s planning mechanisms. The project is thus in line with the objectives of Tel Aviv-Yafo’s’ Urban Strategy and Resilience Plan, which aspire to enhance the city’s sustainability and mitigation policies.
Tel Aviv is looking to:
TEL AVIV THROUGH THE CSP
1. Register your interest at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. The registered companies who matched the evaluation criteria will be invited to a workshop, hosted by the City on 22nd – 23rd January 2019. The workshop will consist of 2 days of co-creation activities, with a site visit on the 21st.
3. If the solutions meet the City’s needs, solution providers will get the opportunity to receive continued support by the CSP, including direct updates on the process.
4. Successful solutions will be shared across C40’s network of 90+ cities, and beyond.
The CSP looks for local and global solution providers who:
• Understand the complexity of sustainable urban development and who will support the future-proofing of cities through innovative climate solutions
• Embrace open standards of communication and collaborate/co-create with other solution providers on the CSP
• Can collaborate with the CSP team to deliver an outcome that can be implemented within the City and scaled across the C40 network
• Will help to assess the social, environmental and economic benefits of any climate solutions developed.